Oh my! I am honored to be nominated for this Liebster Award by the wonderful bloggers over at “The Maidens Of Green Gables” (https://maidensofgreengables.blogspot.com)
So for the rules:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.
The Maidens Of Green Gables! Thank you so much!
Answer 11 questions they give you.
List 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs (I’m still somewhat new to blogging so actually don’t follow that many blogs)
And last but not least ask your nominees 11 of your own questions.
1. What is your favorite quote?
Oh my! I have so many favorite quotes. But I suppose if I were to pick one (not my Top favorite since that’s impossible) it would have to be Vincent Van Gogh –
“I wish they would only take me as I am”
2. Share you’re most used recipe?
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup oil
Mix dry ingredients together. Beat eggs on highest mixer speed for one minute. Turn mixer down to low and add milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Blend on low-speed until combined. Turn mixer up to medium speed for one minute. Add oil and beat until combined.
Thoroughly cover waffle iron with butter than evenly pour batter on iron and close.
Yes, my most used recipe is a waffle recipe. I absolutely love waffles, they are a staple in our household.
3. Are you a writer, and do you have any published works?
I am a hobbiest writer. I write often for myself alone. I have never published any of my stories.
Some people say that writing on a blog is publishing my writing, and I suppose it is, in a way.
4. What are some of your hobbies?
Reading, writing and
arithmetic. (haha no, not math.) I enjoy drawing and painting, jewelry making. There are many things that I like to do!
5. Are you a fan of musicals?
6. What fond family traditions would you like to continue when you get married and start a family? Or if these joyous series of events have already arrived, what have you implemented already?
There is an annual camping trip/archery contest that my family has gone to my entire life. When I have a family of my own I would love to keep the tradition going and take them there, too.
7. What is one particular character trait that you would like to train your future/present children in?
One??? How about all the Fruits of the Spirit! Galations 5:22-5:26
8. What is a boy’s and girl’s name that you like?
Melanie (girls) Samuel “Sam” (boys)
9. Tell us a favorite joke?
This never fails to make me laugh!
10. Recommend three books?
Story Girl -L.M.Montgomery, the Narnia series -C.S. Lewis, Stepping Heavenward -Elizabeth Prentiss. I know Narnia isn’t one book but I love them all so much I just have to include them all
11. What is a period drama you love?
Pride and Prejudice (so cliche of me) North And South is also a great mini series!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I tend to make a lot of random noises when thinking, or just generally thorough out the day.
2. I have traveled to six states and one other country.
3. I really love coffee, I am a loyal Dutch Bros. fan.
4. Currently watching Psych…Lost…and Once…
5. I make myself laugh quite often.
6. I have been in a race car going over 100 miles an hour on a race track.
7. My phone case looks like a book.
8. It is extremely difficult to think of facts about myself.
9. I have been home-schooled my entire life.
10. We don’t own a dishwasher. I don’t ever remember having one in the house. I honestly don’t even know how they work!
11. I’ve lived in the same house, same property my whole life.
Nominate 11 Blogs:
I am going to be weird and not nominate anyone, but if any of my fellow bloggers wish to steal my questions, be my guest!
1. Do you have a particular sandal that you prefer?
2. Favorite Flower?
3. Do you like pickles?
4. Favorite Cookie?
5. Have you ever been to a different country? If so, which? If not, where would you go if you could?
6. If you like coffee, do you have a specific place you like to get coffee? What is it called? If you don’t like coffee, do you have a favorite beverage?
7. If you could be any character in any movie, who would you be? What movie?
8. What fascinates you most about life?
9. Pens or pencils?
10. Would you rather live in a big city or a small town?
11. Waffles or Pancakes?
Thanks so much for reading! It has been quite the struggle thinking of all these answers, facts and questions!
(Shark Joke Credit to Pinterest) (the rest of the photos are mine!)